Civil Stand-By

As a general policy, the Precinct 4 Constable’s Office does not do a civil stand-by without a court order.  It is common for police agencies to refer citizens involved in disputes to the constable or sheriff to do a civil stand-by, but it is important to note the policy of this constable’s office.

Effective September 1, 2015, citizens can now get an “order of retrieval”, which is a civil stand-by order through their Justice of the Peace.  Please contact your Justice of the Peace in your precinct for more information regarding these orders.